Monday, April 2, 2012

21 Days and You're HOOKED! Or, Not!

Depeche Mode - 2007 - 21 Days Pictures, Images and Photos
I recently had a conversation with a friend, who always says, "doing anything for 21 days straight will become a habit". Hearing this school of thought made me actually wonder if there was some truth to this statement. I began thinking about my own "habits" and the funny thing is that I don't even remember how they came into play or how long it took. What I do know is that "habits" are usually repetitive events that are kind of 2nd nature. So, if you're dating someone for 21 days straight does that make it a "habit" to be with that person? I understand the fact that if you're on medication or an exercise program then you will probably be more prone to making those part of your daily fiber. However, not all things take 21 days to become habit. If you have things in your life that make you happy and give you a certain amount of peace then I feel that it will become a "habit"immediately! But, if there are situations that we are forced into for a period of time, then the chances of it becoming part of your "habit" roster are very slim.

Just My Thoughts

You've Just Been MixXed...Not Stirred!

No comments:

Post a Comment