Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How Will You be Remembered?


If you are a Whitney Houston Fan like I am, you probably took the time to watch her funeral via television or online stream. As I watched, I couldn’t help but feel the love and adoration that those in attendance felt for her. Beautiful, heartfelt tributes were spoken by Kevin Costner, Tyler Perry, BeBe Winans, just to name a few. While musical tributes were performed by Alicia Keyes, Stevie Wonder, Kim Burrell and others. And, through each of those words there was one common denominator…they all loved Whitney for who she was, not for who she had become through her struggles. What she left the world and her family was so much more than what the world gave back to her and she will be missed by all whom she touched and her legacy will live on stronger than it was in her life. After I watched the service, I couldn’t help but think about how I would want to be remembered. Am I on a path to make a difference in the lives of others that will allow my legacy to live on? Or, have I been on a journey to demise that will cause people to be thankful that I’m gone? Who knows? What I do know is that I’m a lover of life, family and friends and I will always to my best to touch the lives of those whom I meet. And, if I ever wrong or offend anyone, I want to be sure to make amends because at the end of the day. Tomorrow is not promised so; make a conscious decision to touch lives today and start creating your legacy and you will never have to wonder how you will be remembered.



You’ve Just Been MixXed….Not Stirred!

No comments:

Post a Comment