Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Letters of Affirmation.....


Over the past year, I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people and experience some beautiful as well as painful experiences that have molded me into a more compassionate, spiritual, patient and loving individual. And, with this growth I have developed a heart and mind to help those who I love see the beauty and strength within themselves and give them words of encouragement to lighten their heavy hearts. Just in taking the time to listen to a friend in need and do so without judgment and unconditionally creates a bond of trust that cannot be broken. Just recently, I have found another way to show unconditional love and support to those in my life, which has been through letters of affirmation. To some they are just words on a piece of paper, but to those experiencing a "valley moment" it's a touching way of knowing that someone cares about you and your situation. It doesn't take long to write a letter of affirmation, all I use is a piece of torn paper, a sharpie and my unconditional heart. With those things, I begin to write what I feel about that person as God lays it on my heart as a token of encouragement and love. So, what I would like to challenge my readers to do is send someone you may know, who’s experiencing a tough time, a letter of affirmation, it won't require a lot of fanfare or time, only your heart on paper in its purest form and I promise you, the recipient will never forget that they have a person that genuinely cares for them and their well-being. At the end of the day, it may be the only form of “visual” love that he or she may receive at that point in time.

You've just been cared for ..in the MixX!


No comments:

Post a Comment